jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your opinion about working weekends ?

1. RASO profile image72
    RASOposted 6 years ago

What is your opinion about working weekends ?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm currently working as a freelance writer, there are no weekends when you are self-employed.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

it's part of life. people have always worked weekends and always will most likely. because i have my own business, i work a lot of weekends but so do the folks that work for me.

4. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I worked weekends and public holidays for over 21 years because of the work I was involved with - nursing/caring for disabled and elderly people. So sometimes the work that you do means that you have to be prepared to work not only weekends and public holidays, but long hours as well. Now I'm in a different position and this means that I get weekends off as well as Christmas and New Year and I'm loving being with my family at these times. If I had my time again, as much as I've enjoyed most of my career, I honestly think I would choose a profession that meant I was home with my family more for the weekend and especially at the big holiday times such as Christmas.

5. RASO profile image72
    RASOposted 6 years ago

Seeker7 you really touched me with your comment, really nicely written and I so agree with you. As I probably mentioned in my profile I work as security guard, 24/7 at least 2 or more weekends in month, 12 hours a day and sometimes I wonder for how long I will remain in this firm, cause this job is making me nervous every working saturday or sunday.

Cheers.

working