What do you think about helium?

1. Ibrahim K. Shafin profile image69
    Ibrahim K. Shafinposted 6 years ago

What do you think about helium?

Do you anyone here have any good or winning experience with Helium? Please share your success.

2. MemphisYankee profile image60
    MemphisYankeeposted 6 years ago

I enjoy writing for Helium some, but my monthly revenue earnings so far are much higher on Hubpages. The titles they suggest are good and the upfront payments on some articles are nice. I also appreciate that they have the ratings system and a mentorship program, although I have not requested a mentor since I spend most of my time on other sites.

It's good to diversify your online writing activities. Helium is worth a try to see how you like it, just don't do all of your writing in one place.

3. I Am Rosa profile image91
    I Am Rosaposted 6 years ago

I joined Helium about 7 years ago and have 112 articles there ... and I'm sorely disappointed for several reasons:

* The revenue is minimal;
    * I must constantly return and rate other people's articles in order to have the "right" to make revenue on the site (rating star system);
    * I cannot remove an article once posted;
    * If I need to change an article, it must go through a peer approval process which means my changes can be refused;

and the most troublesome thing about Helium:

* The Terms of Service includes a "permanent irrevocable perpetual right and licence" ... this that you give Helium permission to use and profit from articles you have posted on their website - forever ... even after you close your account with them.