jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why does Paypal restrict Indian Users?

1. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Why does Paypal restrict Indian Users?

I have a Hub called: “Adding a Paypal Donation button to your website.”  So many have complained about not having the Donation button – unlike users in Europe and US. Your answer will help deal with any further comments. Thanks.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image58
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

The reason lies between Paypal and RBI.

3. Eight8Consulting profile image60
    Eight8Consultingposted 6 years ago

Due to spam & fraud cases in Sub continent region most of online payment websites block this feature for users in East Asia

4. Alpha-Authentic profile image41
    Alpha-Authenticposted 6 years ago

I think India has by far the best hackers  so as a precautionary measure they excluded!

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I think they've had far too many fraudulent transactions and had to stop that activity. A few bad apples appear to have spoiled the bunch.

6. amithak50 profile image61
    amithak50posted 5 years ago

It is not due to fraud as USA and Europe has more fraud cases in paypal if you look stats .It lies between RBI and paypal .RBI (reserve bank of India) wants paypal to operate as bank in India so that if paypal freezes someones account they need to give proper details .Right now ,it is not the case when paypal freezes your account..you can't do much but if it operates as a bank you can do lot of things .

working