jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you were offered your dream job but it meant sacrificing, would you take it?

1. FaithDream profile image80
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

If you were offered your dream job but it meant sacrificing, would you take it?

If you were offered the job of your dreams but it meant sacrificing something you deeply loved, would you still take it?

2. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Will you be happy and content if you make the sacrifice? I ask this because there are two things on the table that are important to you: your dream job and something that you deeply love. Is it anyway possible that you can have both?Which do you believe you can live without and still have peace and contentment in your life without any regrets? Pray and ask God for direction and for His Will to be done.

3. davenmidtown profile image86
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

It wouldn't be a dream job if it involved sacrificing something that I deeply loved.

4. creativebutterfly profile image58
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

Depends what you mean by sacrifice.  Going from warm to cold climate?  Leaving family and friends?  Leaving a mate?

5. Sheila Lee profile image62
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

It would depend on what the sacrifice is. If it means moving, yes I would take it.  If it meant leaving a mate, I don't know. It all depends how hard the sacrifice is.

6. Joyce Vitales profile image58
    Joyce Vitalesposted 6 years ago

I agree with the others - there are certain sacrifices some people are not willing to do. If it meant something drastic, like separating from loved ones or a significant other for much too long, then the "dream job" wouldn't be as fun without being able to share the happiness of your hard work paying off.

7. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

I'm not aware of anything worth pursuing with some type of sacrifice.  I'd definitely take my dream job because consider the alternative.  Sacrificing for a job you can't stand.  Making hard choices is a natural part of life.

8. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

No. I can get what I want without sacrificing. There is always another way. You just have to find it and work for it.

working