How would you encourage someone who has lost their job?

1. Gracefulwriter profile image61
    Gracefulwriterposted 6 years ago

How would you encourage someone who has lost their job?

What if that person is over 50 years old, is single (no helping source of income) and lives in an area with low number of thriving industries.  I want to help my friends in this situation stay encouraged and positive given the rather bleak economic picture.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6125854_f260.jpg

2. Jessi10 profile image78
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

The best way to encourage someone who has lost their job, and is at a later stage in life, is to simply let them know what choices they have now.
    I work for a company called Melaleuca, where people have made their own business, even in later in life.

If you would like more information, please contact me!

3. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

I would tell them not to panic and maintain a positive attitude during any difficult financial period.  This is the time to audit the finances to get a clear picture of financial health and start looking for areas to save and cut costs.  Next, actively seek employment by networking.  Some people might feel like this is the time to be quiet about their situation but the opposite has to occur.  Contact everyone you know and tell them your situation.  You never know who can refer you to their employer and get a job this way.

Make sure your active in the social media sphere also.  Employers check out potentials by visiting their facebook profiles, linkedin, and google their names.  This is the perfect opportunity to make sure only the best is presented no matter what they find on the internet.  Make sure when they google your name, your name turns up first and the information they see paints a professional picture of who you are.

It can be difficult to find employment at any age without realizing how the hiring process is carried through by employers.  Give them no other choice but to hire you.

Another tip is to stay current on topics like this.  Amazon should have books that give you techniques on how to get a job in 2012. 

I pray this can help in some way.  Wish them all the best.

working