jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any idea on how to start a small business?

1. gregoriom profile image76
    gregoriomposted 6 years ago

Any idea on how to start a small business?

There is a lot to think when trying to put (to invest) your money in a business. Many risks have to be taken, but that's part of gaining field when it comes about business.

2. wheelinallover profile image79
    wheelinalloverposted 6 years ago

The most important thing is to pick something you are passionate about or feeds a passion of yours. Without passion no business will succeed in the long run. I would write a hub but one already exists. No matter what type of business this holds true. "Give people what they want and you will get what you want"  Zig Ziglar

One thing remains the same for a brick and mortar (like a downtown business) or an internet business. That is passion. If your only interest is money get a job.

3. mulligan profile image59
    mulliganposted 6 years ago

My advice: Start with a cottage business or weekend business and make $5 mistakes that give you a $100 education. Make lots of them. You will soon discover who your customers are, what they want and how to provide it to them at a profit. If you learn from each, you soon will be making fewer mistakes and greater profits. For cottage business ideas, take a look at www.CottageIncome.com. Best of luck!

4. eyesonlife profile image60
    eyesonlifeposted 6 years ago

Give yourself minimum two years that you don't have to rely on it for income. Three to 5 would be even better. Then I second what Mulligan said. Take your time and expect the first two years to be a lot of learning. Don't give in to get rich quick impulses.

5. Tanya YpsiGirl profile image61
    Tanya YpsiGirlposted 6 years ago

I wrote an article about business incubators on Ezine called:
    Occupy Entrepreneurism.

Business Incubators are a great alternative to traditional business start ups. Especially if you are operating on a major budget and/or out of your home. They have mentors, workshops, classes and many include extensive online video libraries.

Depending on your location, most incubators offer subsidized memberships, office space and non-traditional funding. I highly recommend you to check it out. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!