jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you put hubpages on your CV/resume?

1. KarenCreftor profile image90
    KarenCreftorposted 6 years ago

Do you put hubpages on your CV/resume?

I'm writing a CV for a possible freelance writing job. I'm relatively new to writing and the only real experience I have is on HubPages. Would you include details of hubpages stats, accolades etc?

2. Elderberry Arts profile image98
    Elderberry Artsposted 6 years ago

I haven't added hub pages specifically added hub pages as I haven't updated mine in ages but I have added the magazines and website I write tutorials for

3. thebiologyofleah profile image92
    thebiologyofleahposted 6 years ago

I have it listed towards the end of my resume, as my website and if I am applying to a job specifically for a writing position I also mention it in my cover letter.  I think Hubpages is a little less formal than a previous site I had my articles posted to so I was a little concerned about linking it to my resume but I think overall it shows people are reading your work, commenting on it, etc. Alternatively you could include the links for specific articles you have written on this site.  Like you, I don't have other writing samples since my previous work was confidential so this is the best way to show future employers my writing. Good luck!

4. Hubpage Gal profile image59
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is on my resume if it is relevant to an online writing job.  But if appying for an administrative position or work offline, I generally do not list Hubpages or any of the other writing sites that I have written on.

5. lawdoctorlee profile image86
    lawdoctorleeposted 3 years ago

Karen,  I wish I saw your question when you wrote this.  Hopefully, you have had some successes with your freelance writing since you are not new to writing anymore.  If you still have this question in mind, or in the event others are thinking the same please allow me to give my "two cents"' worth.

I actually have listed HubPages on my resume or, alternatively, my CV. On a resume, I described my freelance writing on HubPages in the experience section or, alternatively, in the skills section. On my CV, I listed the relevant hubs by titled under the "publications" section.

However, there are many things to consider. First and foremost, listing your experience on HubPages on your resume should be relevant to the position you are seeking. Next, consider the quality of your hubs and the totality of the work on HubPages. HubPages can be listed in the experience, skills, activities, hobbies, and interest sections of a resume. Pick the one section where it will be most valuable.

Today I posted a hub entitled "How To List HubPages on Your Resume or CV." You may find it useful.

working