jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are some good part time jobs for teachers?

1. alissaroberts profile image88
    alissarobertsposted 6 years ago

What are some good part time jobs for teachers?

Unfortunately, teachers are not paid half enough of what they deserve for all of their hard work. What are some good part time jobs for teachers to make a little extra money on the side?

2. KDF profile image75
    KDFposted 6 years ago

Private tutoring has come in handy. Parents, like myself once they find a teacher that their child connects with and is really confident in has prone my to do just that. My son is academically having his best year and I contribute a lot of it to him undestanding and learning from his current teacher. The more frequent I can get 1 on 1 time with his teacher for him, the better.

3. K Kiss profile image80
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

I would second that. Consider giving private tuition. Alternatively you can dedicate your time to hubpages and can earn a descent pocket money

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Tutoring, librarians, teacher assistants, secretary, etc. And I know what you mean. My cousin is a part-time chemistry teacher. His wife, who is a waitress, makes more money than him normally.

5. SantaCruz profile image72
    SantaCruzposted 5 years ago

Tutoring is a great option. In some communities, tutors who are "real" teachers can easily make $25 an hour or much more. Tutoring for the SAT, ACT and AP courses commands especially high rates. Add the GRE, MCAT & other college-level tests to that list too.

Another idea is to publish your worksheets and lesson plans. Sell downloads or  print copies. That's what my sister & I are doing... We had already spent hundreds of hours creating the content anyway.

Gotta say... As a former teacher, it really irks me that I could earn more per hour with ONE kid than with 26 at a time :-(. Teachers shouldn't have to take on more work. Teaching is much more exhausting mentally, physically and emotionally than people realize -- if you're an awesome teacher, anyway.

6. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I agree with KDF, tutoring is one way of gaining extra income and allows for some flexibility in schedule.  I know some teachers with musical talent that give private lessons.

7. Dear God profile image60
    Dear Godposted 5 years ago

I work in a school.  I have known some teachers to work in the summer school programs when they are available.  I also have friends who have bartended and made great money over the summer.  I think however that these days jobs are fewer to come by.  Community parks and rec often run some interesting summer programs also.  Good luck.

8. RobinBull profile image59
    RobinBullposted 4 years ago

We definitely are not paid enough.  I consult and run my own business on the side.  I also do a lot of writing.

working