jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it better to link to your homepage or a specific post?

1. billdowis profile image60
    billdowisposted 6 years ago

Is it better to link to your homepage or a specific post?

In SEO, when I am building incoming links to my website, is it better to link to a specific post or to link directly to the main page?

2. glassmosaicist profile image60
    glassmosaicistposted 6 years ago

I'd say a mixture of the two, it looks more 'natural' that way to the search engines. I'd do the majority to the home page though

3. Jester98 profile image71
    Jester98posted 6 years ago

Oh yeah you want to mix up all over your site big time. Deep page linking is now essential to good seo. Also make sure you mix up your anchor texts as well. Make sure to get links with your actual URL if you can to.

4. profile image0
    Rob Pennposted 6 years ago

Link to the post you feel will be most useful to your visitor.

The visitor is then more likely to stay on the site longer, share your post, etc.

I think a mix is better.

5. profile image58
    wbapartnerposted 6 years ago

It actually depends on which page the link is related to. You will obviously be using keywords as anchor texts to link back to your site. If your specific post is about that keyword, then you must link to the specific post. That way, the user will get to read what he wants on your site straightaway instead of getting to the main page, then searching for the right post to read.

Also, linking to the specific post will also help that post rank in google for that keyword easier than the main page since the specific post is focused on that keyword.

working