jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you motivate employees who are not performing at their best?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

How do you motivate employees who are not performing at their best?

Unmotivated employees affect productivity and the whole mood of the office.  What tips and suggetions can you give to improve employee motivation and increase their productivity?

2. Linda Compton profile image60
    Linda Comptonposted 6 years ago

Your question is so important, as this pervasive challenge has broad-reaching implications, both psychological and economic. I saw your question earlier today and it prompted me to write a hub I've been wanting to write ("How to Get Motivated For Real").  Tamara Lowe wrote a best-selling book, "Get Motivated!" and it answers your question with detailed information that teaches us how to determine what our own, and others' motivational DNA actuallly is. By understanding factors which both motivate and de-motivate us, and others, we can employ & apply the six motivators that actually work for each person. We are primarily driven by Connection or Production; have a predominant need for either Stability or Variety; and seek to be rewarded by either Internal or External awards.  By knowing and applying the right combination of personal motivators for someone we can inspire and motivate them.  She has developed a unique and brilliantly accurate questionaire.  Hope this helps.

3. susanna NY profile image60
    susanna NYposted 6 years ago

As a marketing sales manager I had a team of 25+ different personality individuals age range 14-65. You have to talk to them, get to know who they are. Build a trust/bond. It will be easier after that because they will respect you and possibly even like you. You can find their strength and their weakness then work on it. Hint we did motivational training every day.

1. nextyear profile image58
      nextyearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"we did motivational training every day." Hmmm... That's interesting. Maybe I should do that to my team. But why people just don't have initiative to motivate themself.