jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is Money the only way to Motivate Employees?

1. DOSHTI profile image61
    DOSHTIposted 3 years ago

Is Money the only way to Motivate Employees?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

It is money plus something. That something could be public appreciation, recognition, a better designation, additional responsibility, more independence in working, perks, workplace comforts etc.

Money = Roti.        'plus something' = side dish.

Roti alone will not be adequately tasty to eat. Side dish alone cannot satisfy hunger. It is the combo that satisfies.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Money is good motivator for some people. Still other people can receive a huge raise because the boss thinks they'll work harder, but it backfires because some people will always do as little work as possible. I love getting a raise and I'm a hard worker at all times, but I'd be more motivated if the boss or team leader gave me some positive comments about my work a little more often.

4. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 3 years ago

Nope, motivation is love....Most people work because of necessity, & the love of the money....If their having fun at work & if it's a well organized nice steady pace, they will work harder....If it offers really good cooked dinners every day, they'l work harder..If it's a place that encourages sports teams & events etc, they'l work harder....If the bosses are fair & firm & not big headed dick heads, they will work harder....If the management actually prove to the employees that they can indeed do what they preach, & do some work along side them, they'l work harder....I could go on before i needed to bring money into the equation, because fun or even better love always beats money as how to motivate employees....Of course money is important because it's a necessity, but if it's already a good paying job & they still need motivating....It's because their bored & losing the love for the job or workplace, & so fun & a bit of excitement should be injected into them....Playing music in the background is a bad idea, But an area to chat or the freedom to move around for a chat whenever they want to is a good idea..It sounds counter productive, but they will work harder to keep that privilege.....So there's no such thing as a lazy person & all there ever is is an unmotivated person, but like i say motivation is love. :-)

1. profile image0
      Daveadamposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I should have mentioned, that i worked for a year at a place called Dexions..It's sadly gone now, but they did all the things i mentioned..There was maybe 200 people that worked there, & everyone of them was a great person..We all loved our job.

5. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Respect, appreciation, and listening objectively. Many times that will lead to self motivation.

working