jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why companies need to offer 24/7 call center support?

1. smartincome profile image77
    smartincomeposted 5 years ago

Why companies need to offer 24/7 call center support?

I want to start a new hub that discusses reasons why companies should offer 24 hours 7 days a week call center support. I'd love to hear from you!

2. tmbridgeland profile image84
    tmbridgelandposted 5 years ago

Basically because if they don't, they will lose customers to other companies that do. My company cannot do that because of the cost, but we do keep the lines open from early morning until 6:00PM, so that people who work should be able to call in sometime during the day.

3. smartincome profile image77
    smartincomeposted 5 years ago

Have you tried outsourcing, tmbridgeland? Thanks for your response.

4. MyOfficeBooks profile image60
    MyOfficeBooksposted 5 years ago

I don't believe that being available 24/7 is practical or cost effective.
    Nor is it a necessarily an requirement to maintain a healthy and happy customer base.

Any employee you speak to says "Man, my boss makes millions out of us."
    Can I bring forth a "reality check here?" From my experience as a bookkeeper there are "many" times the boss (small to medium company) pays himself less than some of his employees....did you get that comment? The boss is paid "less" than some of his staff.

Stating that a company "should" offer 24 hours service / 7 days a week is ridiculous. Many medium companies could not even to afford to outsource to India let alone at home locally.

Local costs in Australia - Award wages, superannuation, after hours loading rates, work Cover, payroll tax, insurances and in some cases a legal requirement to install security upgrades, telephony upgrades etc.....

In big business after the GFC, this suggestion is also impractical . There is NO need Unless the company gets paid to provide a 24/7 service in a specific field?

Do you as a employee work 24/7? No
    So why expect a normal company to do so also?

5. Thea Lewis profile image61
    Thea Lewisposted 16 months ago

That's a great question! Well according to me, many of companies started using Live Chat customer support via chat. They found it effective and affordable comparing to phone or email-based solutions.
    With a live chat your visitors can use the offline message form to leave important queries, which you can tackle the next day.
    That’s why companies provide 24X7 services.

working