jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some good websites for promoting a humanitarian or charitable cause?

1. TylerCapp profile image83
    TylerCappposted 6 years ago

What are some good websites for promoting a humanitarian or charitable cause?

I have a volunteering project in Nicaragua that needs funding. I already have it posted and set up on Indiegogo. What websites can I go to in order to promote my project in hopes of raising funds for a humanitarian cause?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6421615_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 6 years ago

I would try your typical social media sites-Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. You might want to think about also using sites like Indiegogo or Kickstarter if you need to raise money and also help with branding.

3. amithak50 profile image61
    amithak50posted 6 years ago

Social media can be best but you can advertise on Google Adwords too but it will take some money to do that ..

4. JumpStartJim profile image61
    JumpStartJimposted 6 years ago

www.justgive.org 
    www.networkforgood.org
    fundly.com
    www.gofundme.com
    are some sites I've heard of, but I haven't used them. Not sure if they help raise funds or educate only.

Now let me throw an idea out that I'm going to use to help raise money for a kids group here in Vegas: I'm going to put together some Social Media and Sales webinars and/or courses and donate a portion of the sales. My hope is that the people involved will help me find new clients and I will give away up to 40% of my sales.

Maybe you could help a business get in front of people and that company can donate a portion of their profits.

Additionally, If you have a proper donation site, I can post it through my social networks with about 30,000 people personally connected to me. My only concern would be proof of how the funds. The best way to do that would be you have a webpage fully explaining everything and I could post that link and your story.

Best Wishes.

working