jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What makes you tip over 15%?

1. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

What makes you tip over 15%?

When you are at a restaurant, what can a waiter or waitress do to really impress you. And, when this happens, do you leave a larger tip?

2. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I do leave a larger tip whenever the service is very impressive.

SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Can you make that specific? What can a waiter or waitress do to really impress you?

2. Express10 profile image87
      Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

When the server is very attentive and asks if I need anything such as napkins and has a good attitude. I know how hard these positions are and usually they deserve it. Only once have I had such bad service that I didn't tip & I didn't return ther

3. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

My daughter and niece both work as servers, the pay is half minimum wage. The going tip rate is 20% and these people work hard for very little pay, most of the time. I usually leave between 20-25%.

4. Lifes 2nd Chances profile image78
    Lifes 2nd Chancesposted 5 years ago

I always leave at least a 20% tip, except when the service is either really poor or really great. If the service is poor, I leave 15%. If the service is great I may leave up to 40% or more. Great service to me includes paying attention to me, asking about ny needs, chatting a little and treating me like a person, refilling my drink before I need to ask, anticipating anything I might need before I ask, and being polite.

SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Can you make that specific. What attitude or actions by a waiter or waitress make for great service?

2. Lifes 2nd Chances profile image78
      Lifes 2nd Chancesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When I was training for one of my first waiting jobs, the team leader reminded us that when people go out for dinner it is often a special time with emotional connections. If you make the emotional experience a positive one you are doing a good job .

working