jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How Do I Write a CV that will get Me a Job in the First Interview?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

How Do I Write a CV that will get Me a Job in the First Interview?

What is the difference between a curriculum vitae and a resume. When should a job seeker use a resume? And when should a job seeker user a CV?

2. Rhonda_M profile image85
    Rhonda_Mposted 5 years ago

Resumes and CVs are similar but not the same. A CV is most often used for academic jobs and gives one the scope to include more detail including publications and research projects and awards, along with work experience.

A resume, on the other hand focuses on work experience and accomplishments and focuses is on "what you can do" for the employer based on demonstrated skills that saved or made a company money. Including academic credentials is also important on a resume,but they are emphasized far more on a CV

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

If I knew that I would not be unemployed.

I think the biggest job market is for people telling you how to write your resumes. Between the computer scanning for buzz words, HR people not taking three minutes to read a two page resume, casting aside anything that uses a Word Template, itis really hard to know how to write one.

Add to the problem, in my case, I only had two jobs in the last 38 years. More than one expert told me to stop at fifteen years. My last job was for 22 years. Go figure.

4. moneytoplist profile image60
    moneytoplistposted 5 years ago

Some time ago when I worked as a manager who read hundreds of CVs I got a CV which I remember very well. The guy started the CV with something like this: The goal: Work hard and enjoy the job.

Companies need people who work hard and like the job.

1. Rhonda_M profile image85
      Rhonda_Mposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Did you hire him?