jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you save and store your hubs on HubPages, if you do?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

How do you save and store your hubs on HubPages, if you do?

There has been talk off an on about how to save hubs on hubpages.  I am curious if you do this, and how you go about doing it.  Would you share your process and how you store it?  How do you store it outside of a computer if you do that?  Thanks for your thoughts on this, as it seems wise to protect what you have spent so much time, research and work on over the years.

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image88
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

Just saw this hub and I did it and it's brilliant. http://richardpac.hubpages.com/video/Ho … c-Software

1. Sushma Webber profile image87
      Sushma Webberposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that. I checked out the article and the video. Was very helpful.

3. brianc2k profile image61
    brianc2kposted 5 years ago

I keep all my important documents off my computer on an external hard drive.  I found external USB TB hard drives very economical.  I usually save to my computer and then twice each week copy the contents of the "my documents" folder onto the external hard drive. 

My free lance writing, both Hug Pages, and Kindle books I keep the files on another external USB TB hard drive.  There have been times when I would be out and found myself with a lot of idle time.  If I have my mini-laptop with me and take the external drive so I can write while I wait.  Spend an hour or so just waiting for my car to be serviced as an example.  A couple of my friends let me plug into the USB on their computer and work if I need to.   

I don't trust computers, be it equipment or the Windows operating system.  My laptop has "blue screened" a couple times already.  With the external all I need is a USB connection and another computer to work with.   

I agree with you.  I consider my writings as well as all the time to create them as valuable assets.  On three occasions I have been asked to lecture from what they read in my articles.  As with any important documents I protect them with external storage/backup.  My accounting records are backed up in case I them.  I consider my writings just as important.

4. SKCandles profile image78
    SKCandlesposted 5 years ago

I write everything in Word and I save those files in a folder specifically for hubpages.  I may tweak something when once it is on Hubpages so those changes may not be reflected but 95% of the original article would be in that file.  I then back those files up to my external harddrive and my computer harddrive (they live on my flash drive)

working