jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What is the most important ingredient in extraordinary teamwork?

1. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 5 years ago

What is the most important ingredient in extraordinary teamwork?

Is it more important to have strong positive relationships between coworkers or having serious expertise in each person's team role?

2. brianc2k profile image60
    brianc2kposted 5 years ago

Once team members skills are matched to their respective portions of the project then the fruit of the harvest is the working/productive harmony of the team.  Without working harmony then everyone is just dong a job.

ThunderKeysposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree, top notch skills are required for top notch technical goal attainment. I guess that hiring may be more important than team building, especially if you take the desired human factors mentioned above into account, and the goal-passion below.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

The most important thing is communication - if communication is lacking between the team members then nothing else will gel together no matter how good they are.

4. andreaknightly profile image59
    andreaknightlyposted 5 years ago

I think communication and trust are the most important parts of teamwork. When you are communicating and has trust with each other, you get to know and understand how to finish a certain task easily.

5. iwriteforyou profile image74
    iwriteforyouposted 5 years ago

In addition to good communication (which I believe is the most important), I I also think that always staying focused on the objective is also vital/beneficial. By doing this if the team experiences difficulties they will attack the problem rather than attacking each other.

6. MilesArmbruster profile image60
    MilesArmbrusterposted 5 years ago

Humility. If everyone is looking out for other people on the team rather than themselves, the team will be endlessly inter-supported.
    Other important qualities are vision, communication, generosity, forgiveness, courage, attentiveness, sacrifice, principles, well, this list can go on for a while.

Humility, being humble. Now that's wisdom, but how to get there. There are probably no team building exercises for humility. These are the intangibles, the human factors. You've hit these on the head.

7. Fuller-Life profile image76
    Fuller-Lifeposted 5 years ago

There has to be a team first. That means buy-in. Every member of the team must feel part of it, and they must understand and believe in the same single most important goal and the expected outcomes. It has a lot to do with how people in the team feel about the team and its agenda, than is about skills and strategy.

Great answer thank you. I agree. Passion about a shared goal and it's outcomes are powerful sources of team bonding and motivation. As far as skills and strategy go, I guess it's about how technical or specialized their work needs to be.

working