If you still had to work but could do anything, would you do what you do now?

1. BradyBones profile image81
    BradyBonesposted 5 years ago

If you still had to work but could do anything, would you do what you do now?

If there were no other currency than happiness, would you work at the same job you do now? How much do you get paid in happiness per hour as opposed to dollars per hour, is it a close ratio or is there a large gap?

2. jasmith1 profile image83
    jasmith1posted 5 years ago

Good question. I would. Through trying lots of different jobs and learning to manage my money well also, I have managed to carve out a career I really love (mentoring, coaching & writing). I really appreciate that I now feel this way.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

This is a difficult question. I would conclude (quite qualitatively-though) that yes, I would indeed continue with what I am doing now. I am a simple college professor. Although I instruct students in the area of psychology and educational psychology in units of 25; what makes my career ideal (for me) is the balance between time-off, instruction, research and diagnosis of disorders in students. Although on second thought I would probably fair-trade what I just mentioned for a chance to hoist Lord's Stanley's Cup...

working