I'm still pretty new to HubPages and wanted to firstly introduce myself, so hi, I'm Lee.
Finally I wanted to ask if any of you have any advice for someone starting out on HubPages and if you have any suggestions on how I could improve my hubs and other content here.
I hope to hear from you soon,
Hi Lee I don't have much time at the mo to look at your hubs, just wanted to say hello to a fellow Essex person
Lee, a warm welcome to the community. In terms of creating good content:
- Write what you know
- Try to go in-depth on your hubs; present a slightly different approach for your readers, something they may not have read elsewhere
- Put yourselves in the position of your readers; if you were in their place would you find the content interesting
- Remember that good content tends to be one or more of: Informative, Educational, Entertaining or Inspirational
- Edit and proofread your content
- When you are creating a hub, look at the word count, image and other guides in the top right hand corner. Try to make all of those boxes green; that's a pretty good indication on the basics of your hub
- Read through the learning center on HubPages - It's a very good resource on most of the things you need to know and is very in-depth: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents
- If you have questions, check the HubPages FAQ: http://hubpages.com/faq/
- If you still have questions, ask them here and we'll answer
- Have fun - View HP first as a place to share your ideas and the things you care about, rather than a way to make money
- Have patience; it takes time to build an audience and get search traffic
I think that's it, although I am sure that my fellow hubbers will have more to add.
Thank you for getting back to me Paul, All you've said in your post will be noted for future reference, I really appreciate it.
I've come to HP to write, because I love writing, I wanted to gain some online experience for writing articles in the hope to help me to progress into a career at a later date.
That's a great overview of the basics for us newbies. Thanks for posting in so much detail. I am amazed at the amount of help that can be gleaned from reading this forum. People seem to be very generous with their advice here.
Welcome Lee. I will definitely visit and look at your hubs. It's a bit late at my own part of the world now so will be visiting tomorrow.
Welcome to Hub Pages, Lee. Paul gave you some excellent advice, and the Hub Pages community is always willing to help if you run into any problems.
by Cagsil 7 years ago
Hey Hubbers,This has not been done for a while, so I am doing all over again.If you're a newbie, meaning you've been here under 6 months, then post a HI or Hello and get yourself noticed. Don't post any links.If you're a veteran, then please stop in and post, and greet and meet some new members....
by Poppy 10 months ago
Hi, everyone! My article "7 Facts About Japan That Aren't Actually True" has got quite a lot of views already and traffic will likely increase if it gets moved to a niche site. Shortly after publishing it, I got an email saying that it was eligible for WanderWisdom if:Title/Subtitle...
by I Told Beyonce 22 months ago
Can i publish my posts from other blogs on hubpages?
by OPSCisco 2 years ago
What is considered a good hub score? How do I improve my hub score?
by SpaceShanty 4 years ago
I have just been awarded my 1 year accolade here on hubpages and I am gong to create a Hub with the best Hubs for new Hubbers. I already have a few in mind but am looking for suggestions. You are welocme to include your own Hubs or Hubs by other Hubbers which have helped you.
by hassam 10 years ago
How should I improve the rankings of my hubs that have slipped down in google rankings?......can any one help?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|