Are job interviewers always professional?

1. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Are job interviewers always professional?

2. DreamerMeg profile image91
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

They should be but they may not be. I once applied for a job abroad and one interviewer said "This job will require travel throughout the country. Who will do the ironing for your children while you are away from home?" I complained about the question and was told that the interviewer asked the men "who will change a blown light-bulb while you are away from home?"!

I know that this was some years ago but the same people are still using "gut instinct" when they interview people. Even when trained, they revert to type!

The best way of answering these types of question is not to take them personally and to try and see what is "behind" the question and answer that.

3. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

Interviewers are not born...they are taught. Many have excellent people skills and are naturally outgoing  that helps them with their diverse interactions They also, however, come with their own personal  bias, and prejudices. Becoming interviewers does not change who they really are but it can help them develop the necessary skills to be a "good" interviewer. Like anything else there are some very good interviewers and some very bad ones. We all have ,at one time or another, probably encountered both!

working