jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do most employers google every potential employees name and background before hi

1. str8ruthless profile image61
    str8ruthlessposted 5 years ago

Do most employers google every potential employees name and background before hiring?

2. Recently Awakened profile image59
    Recently Awakenedposted 5 years ago

I thnk it depends upon the job. It makes sense to get to know someone a little bit more, especially if it is for a high-ranking position. That being said, when the manager and I (assistant manager) were hiring employees at my previous place of employment, we did not have to look anyone up. We chose only those with the appropriate experience, education, and attitude. We simply checked with their references/previous employers. Also, I feel you can get to know someone very much just by having a conversation with them, but I do understand why some would want to go the google route. I tend to look at people in a more positive light. Many others do not do the same. What do you think, str8ruthless?

3. PageC profile image61
    PageCposted 5 years ago

I don't know for sure, but I suspect many of them do. It's free, and it's easy

It's not a bad idea to google yourself occasionally to see what's out there.

4. John McTiernan profile image70
    John McTiernanposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't have thought so but it is always a possibility. They can look at your Facebook and twitter profiles to see who you are connected to.  If you have any dodgy things on there that you are telling your friends about then there is always the possibility that any future employer could pick that up and discard your application into the rubbish bin.

A lot of employers do however scan your applications and filter the document through a software program looking for keywords relevant to the position they are trying to fill.

Make sure you have someone check your CV and cover letter before sending to a future employer and give yourself the best chance of being hired. 

If you need more information, ask here.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/CV-Cover … 7297271802