If given the chance, would you buy your favorite restaurant?

1. BSloan profile image75
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

If given the chance, would you buy your favorite restaurant?

If the owner of your favorite restaurant or cafe offered to sell you their business, would you buy it?

2. Tricia Hein profile image61
    Tricia Heinposted 5 years ago

Assuming I had the money, or could get a loan to do it, I definitely would. I am a business owner, and while I've never seriously considered running a restaurant, if the right opportunity came, then I'd do it. Restaurants are competitive and require a lot of work. If I could successfully run a restaurant, I know I could succeed in any business I wanted.

3. Chinaimport profile image89
    Chinaimportposted 5 years ago

If a restaurant is one’s favorite it simply reflects individual preference of a particular type of restaurant.  I would certainly not buy with intent of running it because it requires a very unique skill set to run a successful restaurant.

The decision to buy a restaurant will depend on many factors such as long term profitability, demand and competition in that area.  I would also like to ensure that current cook, management and service staff continue to work under new ownership with same level of performance.

In nutshell, liking a restaurant is one thing where as decision of owning or running one should not be taken just because it is a your favorite.

working