jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your favorite Mothers Day gift you had received?

1. Rhymeandreason profile image61
    Rhymeandreasonposted 3 years ago

What is your favorite Mothers Day gift you had received?

2. lilmissmontana profile image84
    lilmissmontanaposted 3 years ago

Hmm. This is kind of hard. A long time ago my favorite "gifts" would have been material kinds, like jewelry, clothes, a gift certificate. Now that I am a mom, and this is my second official Mother's Day, I would say it would be my fiance doing the house chores, cooking me dinner, and letting me relax for a day. A thoughtful card is up there too, but I think I am over the materialistic gifts. I like the time that was spent on my "gift" and that he put some thought and effort into it.

3. Lisa HW profile image76
    Lisa HWposted 3 years ago

Any gift any of my children (now grown) have ever given me (big, small, bought, made, whatever.....) for any occasion is special to me; so I can't select a favorite when it comes to tangible gifts. 

If they're healthy and generally happy that's truly the only thing I ever want.  My own mother used to say that, and although I believed it "in my head" I couldn't really grasp it until a) I became a mother myself, and b) the Mother's Days have continued to add up and highlight - more and more - that nothing much else matters in a world where things like odds, luck, and whatever else play the role they both sometimes, and always, do.

4. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

Flowers and going out to dinner top my list. My husband,through tradition, takes everyone out to my favorite restaurant. Food is my weakness, and I have one favorite restaurant. Aside from that, time with family is the best gift any mother can receive.
    God bless all mothers.

working