Does anyone use popup advertising on their sites?

1. morningglory24 profile image61
    morningglory24posted 5 years ago

Does anyone use popup advertising on their sites?

I recently started a blog and it was suggested to me by a guru. I don't know much about it, but I would think more than one popup would get super annoying. I think its neat if it has something to do with your website or blog topic, but I just don't know. Anyone have any experience?

2. Tony Flanigan profile image60
    Tony Flaniganposted 5 years ago

Heya Morningglory. Let's try to answer your question with a question.

How do you personally find pop-ups? Useability studies have shown that the majority of people find pop-ups annoying, and will often leave a site that has pop-ups. We have a client who insisted on having a pop-up - in an attempt to encourage visitors to chat - his traffic and conversions halved in a very short period of time. We removed the pop-up just on 2 months ago, and although his traffic is picking up, it is still short of where it was.

Oh, by the way, it was a Search Engine Marketing Guru that suggested he use the pop-up...

3. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I used one of those seo guru sites to promote a website and promoted the same type site on my own. They did get me 100's of useless backlinks but I have double the traffic and triple the $$. I agree pop-up are annoying an use pop-up blocker on my computer.