jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does Hubpages negatively affect SEO?

1. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 5 years ago

Does Hubpages negatively affect SEO?

I've been told by an SEO expert that writing articles on Hubpages that include a link to my website will negatively impact Google rankings for that site. Has anyone any evidence to back this up or naysay it please?

2. Web Gazelle profile image66
    Web Gazelleposted 5 years ago

It depends on the quality of the article and how you are linking from it. Posting low quality articles on any website and using bad linking strategies can have a negative impact on rankings.

When you link from an article on Hubpages you should make sure that the article is unique and offers value to the reader. Make sure it is relevant to the webpage you will be linking to and that a reader would have a reason to click through the link.

To avoid a negative impact on rankings you shouldn't post duplicate or spun content. You shouldn't post links that are not related to the content of the article and  you shouldn't post more than one link to the same landing page of a website (in the same article). Also, don't post multiple articles that are on the same topic and have similar content. That will get your account on Hubpages blocked and can hurt your rankings.

1. plussize-lingerie profile image60
      plussize-lingerieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like to think that the articles I've written are pretty high quality, certainly not spammy, so I can't see why Google would count that as a "bad" link. If it did, I could just kill my competitors by linking to them, surely?

2. Web Gazelle profile image66
      Web Gazelleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You could absolutely kill your competitors by linking to them with low quality spammy articles.

3. petersavage profile image60
    petersavageposted 5 years ago

If you have a quality and unique piece of writing then it will produce positive SEO results.

4. puspenduseo profile image61
    puspenduseoposted 5 years ago

I never get any negatively affect SEO by Hubpages.

working