jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do when you know many things could go wrong with a plan you have?

1. nickwl profile image59
    nickwlposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you know many things could go wrong with a plan you have?

Have you ever created a contingency plan? If so, how? If not, have you created any other type of formal written plan?

2. watergeek profile image98
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

I have, but with the caveat that I stay flexible for changing circumstances. What I usually do these days is focus on the end goal, then look to see what shows up that I can do to get there. I might look one time at possible things that could go wrong, but only to make a list of ways I could prevent them. Then I add the preventive measures to my activities, if they fit.

Life is very organic. I run into opportunities I didn't expect every day. Some of them become great shortcuts.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image79
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

Always have a contingency plan, because Murphy's Law is always in effect. Even the best of plans can go wrong. This is "Life," nothing is perfect. Do not allow the probabilities, or better said, the possibility, that things will go wrong to paralyze you to an inactive state. "If you get knocked down in the dirt, get up, brush yourself off, and continue on with your contingency plan." Success happens when you don't have the "idea of failure" in your vocabulary.
    I will say no more. You get my drift.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

4. ramkimeena profile image61
    ramkimeenaposted 5 years ago

While  planning I would have planned an alternative  to take care of the  emergency. In case I have  not  done it earlier,  I will have to  resort to  damage limiting  exercise and save the day. I have created many contingency plans  but seldom  had to execute them. My main plans  worked most of the time as I took enough care to prepare them, taking into consideration all the aspects  involved

5. paul pruel profile image72
    paul pruelposted 5 years ago

If there are many things to be affected - just leave it for another time. It is normal that if someone has a plan or something to do (project) - the next to come is some sorts of problems. However, you have to look at them positively as problems will test you how far you are determined and willing to pursue.

working