jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

What is a little thing in life you cherish?

1. midget38 profile image92
    midget38posted 4 years ago

What is a little thing in life you cherish?

2. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago

Gosh, I'm not sure if you mean something tangible, like a favorite piece of jewelry, or living, such as a pet...or a belief.  Well, there are many ways I can answer this. 

I am so grateful for the many blessings in my life and I try to stay aware of them throughout my day.  Things we often take for granted, such as indoor plumbing, isn't a reality for all people, so I keep that in mind; food that most people in America have no problem having available to them, isn't easily attainable for many people in the world; education in America is taken for granted and disrespected by many students...and there are children in other countries who die for the right to education.

There are also many things that people complain about just because it inconveniences them:  the rain, for example, when someone planned an outdoor event.  Instead of realizing that the rain helps the crops to grow and keeps drought conditions at bay, and moving to 'Plan B', there is much grumbling.

I know it is human nature to find the negative in our lives, but its much more pleasant to focus on the positive.  So, I am grateful for many 'little' things, and I cherish those.

A little thing in my life that I cherish is my bed-just an ordinary, (and secondhand), but so lovely to feel comfy at night and pull the covers up to get a good nights rest.  When I worked the midnight shift and would crawl into bed in the morning while the rest of the world woke up, I cherished that bed even more!   Now that it I am working day shift, I still love crawling into bed when I am sleepy, knowing I am safe, warm, and will rest peacefully.

Great question, Michelle.

midget38posted 4 years agoin reply to this

True what you've said, Denise. We focus on the negatives, and unhappy things when there are such pleasant things to look at!! Thanks for sharing!

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

I LIKE this question, Midget!......I cherish a genuine smile & voluntary Hug, from someone......my grandchildren, most of all.....a friend or family member, happy to see me.....and when it comes down to basics......from ANYONE!!!!!   Smiles & Hugs are much more important, than they may seem, on the surface!!    Thanks, Midget.  Sending you a smile & a hug!!!   LOL

Hey, Paula, welcome back! Giving you a smile and a hug right now! Blessings to you!

2. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Midget......Whoa!.....not so tight!  I'm old....I might break!  LOL

4. pearlmacb profile image74
    pearlmacbposted 4 years ago

Sunshine after a long grey cold winter! Also watching my children peacefully asleep, a genuine smile, facial masks, prayer, including internet & writing poetry! smile

I think the internet is one of the things we take most for granted! It's always a joy to watch the kids sleep...thanks for sharing, pearl mach!

5. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I cherish many things in life, but I think the beautiful smile of my Great granddaughter is the most cherished of all.  It brings joy to my life.

Oh, I can imagine!! Smiles of children just brighten the day. I love watching my twin nieces laugh too! Thanks for sharing!

6. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

Eye contact with loved ones, especially when there is opportunity for conversation as a result!

That means a lot. Reconnecting is so important yet neglected. Thanks for sharing. R Talloni!

7. MrsBrownsParlour profile image88
    MrsBrownsParlourposted 4 years ago

A truly little thing: a cup of hot coffee. Not lukewarm or cold because I have been interrupted by my beloved children...hot, fresh coffee that I sit and drink. :-)

8. janetwrites profile image86
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

I cherish the love of and for my little family - my husband and my two little children.

Thanks Janet, so we all should!

9. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 4 years ago

The warmth in the human voice, the loving twinkle in the human eye, the loving smile on the face of loved ones, the gentle touch, the warm embrace....all those little things we use to show love for each other....it is priceless and make living worth living....

10. profile image0
    Bella Allredposted 7 months ago

I cherish many things, but the most immediate answer for me is an open mind. I cherish those who are willing to accept differences in all forms and who recognize the big picture and are not slaves of the trivial.

working