jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What things contribute to low workplace morale?

1. ithabise profile image86
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

What things contribute to low workplace morale?

How much will workers tolerate before they call it quits?

2. profile image52
    melonmoneyposted 5 years ago

It depends.  I believe that most employees' toleration is based on their situation.  For example, someone who is living from paycheck to paycheck might take more than someone who has some money put aside.  Overall, I think most employees draw the line when they feel disrespected.  This can be in many forms such as being talked down to, treated like property, being given more work than they can handle, etc.

Some things that might contribute to low workplace morale are:

- not having the right tools to do your job
    - not being respected
    - boss not having the necessary skills to manage you and/or help you when needed
    - boss or co-workers not seeming to care about your workload or what is involved in getting your work completed
    - co-workers slacking off with no consequences
    - no support
    - long hours or mandatory work schedules with no flexibility

I could go on and on but will stop there....

1. Efficient Admin profile image92
      Efficient Adminposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you did a great job covering the main points that contribute to low employee morale.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

Workers need to feel that they are appreciated by the managers that are over them. They need to experience job satisfaction. They need to feel that they have value. These things are as important as receiving decent wages. Good working conditions and working hours are important. But most important, as far as morale is concerned, is how one is treated in the workplace.
    Dr. Haddox