jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Does your college degree and current career match?

1. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

Does your college degree and current career match?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7135340_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Sort of... I majored in English w/a print media concentration, with the intention of becoming a rock n roll/music journalist. After graduation it became clear that most, if not all, jobs in that vein were on a freelance basis. I work for a newspaper now, but not in a writing capacity (I work "behind the scenes" in the production dept.) ... I do writing mainly as a hobby.

3. EyesStraightAhead profile image85
    EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years ago

Not in the least. I have a B.S. Human Services with a concentration in Management and an MBA with a concentration in Leadership. I am working in neither field at the time.

4. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

Absolutely. I am an RN and I have a bachelors degree in nursing, with a minor in business. It worked out well for my career.

ithabiseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure yours must be a feeling of fulfillment. Happy for and envy you.

5. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

No. I have a BA in Organizational Communications and an MA in Theology. I haven't come close to a great career or money in either. In fact, where I've made the most money I never needed a degree. I was working alongside men and women who hardly got out of high school and we were raking in wheelbarrows of money!

6. melpor profile image92
    melporposted 5 years ago

Yes, my college degree matched my career the day I graduated from college. I fortunately gained some experience during my high school years working as a lab assistant before entering college. As a result this made it a lot easier for me to work my entire career matched to my training to become a chemist after receiving a degree in chemistry. Also fortunately for me things were a lot different when I first got of out of college when it came time to find jobs. They were plentiful at the time.

ithabiseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've read your wonderful profile. You're an inspiration and someone I'd love to sit and chat with!

2. melpor profile image92
      melporposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ithabise, thanks for reading my comment. I often try to inspire younger folks to move forward because the world has a lot to offer.

3. loantranht1966 profile image57
      loantranht1966posted 5 years agoin reply to this

i think like you

7. Marie-Renee profile image80
    Marie-Reneeposted 5 years ago

Honestly no. I majored in Animal Science and am currently working as an online content writer. It has something to do though with the original course I was planning to take up (Development Communication) before I shifted to Animal Science.

8. First Colony profile image60
    First Colonyposted 5 years ago

It used to.  I majored in History, and I taught school(History) for 11 years.  Although I didn't major in Education.
    Now, I sit in a cubicle and test computer systems.  Sometimes I apologize to my parents for spending all that money.

9. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago

I am almost done woth a degree in fire sciences and I am a fire fighter so I guess one could say I am on the right track.

working