jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone have some experience or information on a freelance site called Const

1. joanveronica profile image85
    joanveronicaposted 5 years ago

Does anyone have some experience or information on a freelance site called Constant Content?

I tried it and it was rather traumatic. So was it my fault, or is the site not the best option for someone with practically no experience?

2. Judi Bee profile image96
    Judi Beeposted 5 years ago

I believe lots of people have their first submissions rejected.  They have a very stringent editing process.  Apparently their forums are helpful, even if their editors' rejections are not - I couldn't make head nor tail of why my article was rejected, so couldn't find a fix.  I felt like the class dunce!

joanveronicaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Judi! This makes me feel good! I submitted two articles, hard work, polished all over, and so on. They were not only rejected, they closed my account down. I'm out of C.C. for ever! But they kept the articles. So I was wondering about this..

2. hotwebideas profile image73
      hotwebideasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey joanveronica, you said they kept the articles. Do you mean they actually published your article even after it was rejected?

3. Mazzy Bolero profile image80
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

I tried this, too. I wanted to write to some of the orders, but you can't contact the customer direct unless you've already put 5 articles on the site. I had no confidence that articles just posted on the site would even get views, let alone sales. You can still write to the orders, but the problem is, unlike sites like Textbroker, you cannot claim an order - any number of people can write the article and the customer chooses the one they like. The rest just go on the site and probably never get purchased.

They are very fussy about punctuation, grammar and formatting, which has to fit their requirements precisely or they will return it for editing, telling you what they think is wrong. They did this to me twice, and after I had resubmitted twice I was too late for the order I was competing for!  Sometimes they have calls for articles for newsletters and print magazines, which can be worth a try.  I may try them again but I would actually like to earn a little definite money somewhere - I just can't find anyone who wants to pay me:)

If you persevere with the site you can get customers offering you work direct - that's probably what you need to aim for, but how easy it is to achieve this, I do not know.

Thanks so much for this input, it is very useful, and I agree with practically everything you wrote!

For @hotwebideas, I don't really know if the articles were published or not, that is exactly the problem! But they didn't say anything about that!.

4. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I had a similar experience.  I wrote a couple of articles and couldn't get them approved.  I think the real problem is that their process is so hard to follow.  I do know people who've been quite successful on there but I've never had the patience to keep trying to work it out!

Thank you so much for answering! This has provided me with useful feedback on  my writing. I could think that my results didn't depend so much on the quality of my articles, but more on the process itself. I consider you write very well!

working