jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do I ned a second Amazon affiliate account for non-hubpage use?

1. Lwelch profile image94
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

Do I ned a second Amazon affiliate account for non-hubpage use?

I am building a website and want to add an astore.  My amazon account right now is through hub pages.  It has hubpages in the account name.  Do I need to create a second account to place on my personal site?

2. sassygrrl32 profile image73
    sassygrrl32posted 5 years ago

I don't see why. I have amazon here on HP but I also use it for a website and occasionally on my blog. I just log in and get my links and there's an icon for me to start a store if I want to. Eventually I may when I'm not so busy.
    When I signed up I signed up through amazon first then added my affiliate links on my website and then activated here on HP(I probably lost sales too since I kind of did it backwards).
    I'm assuming this is the way everyone does it.
    U should be able to log into your amazon account and add the store.
    Hope this helps.

Lwelchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do see the ability to add a store.  I can also set up non hp trackers.  Does hp take a cut of amazon income? I can't remember. If yes, will that come from my non-hp site as well?

3. KA Pederson profile image63
    KA Pedersonposted 5 years ago

Following this question, I would like to know also.  smile

4. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

No you only need one amazon account. As you said you can create unique tracking codes so that you can determine which venue sales are coming from.

Hubpages only shares impressions with you on the Hubpages website - there's no way for HP to share revenue (or impressions) with you on any other site.

Lwelchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!  Thank you for the details that I needed!

working