jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe that the quality of our hubs could be improved with a grammar che

1. sallybea profile image99
    sallybeaposted 5 years ago

Do you believe that the quality of our hubs could be improved with a grammar checker?

I use Word to help me correct my spelling and grammar but find that when I cut and paste my formatted text it never appears the way I would like it to appear on Hubpages.   As an experiment I copied one of the hub hoppers into word today and was surprised at the number of errors Word revealed.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

I guess that all depends on if your basing quality on grammatically correct writing or in the content. I put more merit on the content being factually based or in depth, rather than grammar errors.

sallybeaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Content to me is key, spelling and grammar come second but i still feel they are equally important.  Having a grammar checker within Hubpages would be great and help alleviate the constant switching back and forth from word to Hubpages,

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It would be an excellent tool to help improve the quality of writing her at Hubpages, mine included.  It is so easy to be in a hurry and write something like "hear" instead of "here" or other common errors where we know better but just don't catch it.

Thanks duffsmom - appreciate your feedback.  Perhaps on day hey,  ask nicely and we may receive!

4. Irenevosburgh profile image88
    Irenevosburghposted 5 years ago

Grammer checker is an essential tool for any writing and I think it would be very useful here at HUB Pages.

Since I don't create my HUBS in Word (which I should start doing), I read and re-read my HUBS more times than I can count to make sure I am grammatically correct. 

I think improper grammer can really side track the appeal of an article no matter how interesting the subject matter.

So glad you agree with me Irene.  It can be frustrating and time consuming not to have a decent grammar checker!   Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is very much appreciated.

5. viveresperando profile image72
    viveresperandoposted 5 years ago

It would be an amazing tool to have.  I have been editing my hubs today, checking for errors and such.  It is hard sometimes to see them at the moment.  I still can not find the one I originally was looking for which I was looking at it the other day, to see how I can improve and found a typo.  Had to run to work so was not able to correct it at the moment, lol.  It is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Going to try to run all of mine through Word now to see what comes up. This is a great tip!  I am sure the extra step will be well worth it.

Word is wonderful and is a great tool for correcting most errors in spelling and grammar, just wish that the format would stay the same when I cut and paste it back into Hubpages - but of course, it will not.!  Thanks for taking the time to comment.

working