jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Any advice on low cost websites for small business?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Any advice on low cost websites for small business?

I'm looking for a website I can have where potential employees can fill out an application. I don't need advertising because I'm in a business that requires no advertising. I really just need a presence and a place for applicants to go. Any ideas?

2. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

If you are  Google person with a google email, etc. tehy have hundreds of website templates that you can use and customize go to google and look at their "PAGES".
    PS.They are all FREE.
    Good Luck. DON

3. profile image61
    MELLISHUBposted 4 years ago

You can use Yola.com, they offer free websites. And you can use their easy to use software to create your site and also add the application forms. If you need help you can contact me.

4. UK-SEO profile image62
    UK-SEOposted 4 years ago

What do you call low cost? Do you want to design it yourself?

1. peeples profile image93
      peeplesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Under $20 a month or so, ideally already having templates.

5. BrianS profile image75
    BrianSposted 4 years ago

If you want to have your own domain you will need to choose a domain name and check to see if it is available. For a .com that costs around $15 a year. Then you will need hosting, costs vary depending on how long you take the hosting for, but normally it is around $5 a month.

Once you have done that you could use Wordpress to create a website. It is very flexible, there are literally thousands of free themes and you have a wysiwyg interface for creating pages or posts that form the content of the site. Pages if you want it to look like a standard website or posts if you want it to look like a blog. Another option is to have a combination of the two i.e. a few pages and a blog built in to the navigation menu.

There is a huge amount of support and information available for using Wordpress, so you should be able to get up to speed fairly quickly. You can use a free plugin to create a contact form and just embed it into a page with a title of choice for potential employees to fill in and submit to you.

You can also get a free Wordpress blog from Wordpress or as someone else suggested you can use Google's blogspot, also free. But the domain name would be made up partly from their domain.

Hope all that makes sense, but if not send me an email and we can discuss further.

Best of luck.

6. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 4 years ago

Godaddy.com has a promotion, 12 USD a year, with domain name and a website builder ( software with templates to build your website ) its pretty easy to use.
    Just make sure you have your domain name in your shopping cart before you accept.