How do I go about starting a small freshwater aquarium maintenance business?

1. american13 profile image75
    american13posted 4 years ago

How do I go about starting a small freshwater aquarium maintenance business?

I have a lot of experience with freshwater aquariums and I've been wanting to start my own small business for years now. Also I need to make more money than I do now!

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

I think the first question to ask yourself is: Is this a viable business? Who will your customers be, businesses or private individuals.
    What can you realistically charge for your service?
    How will you get to the location of the aquarium? Have you factored in your transportation costs.
    Are there other companies already doing this? Are they successful? If not, why in your opinion aren't they. How could you do it better and differently?
    How will you advertise your business?
    As you can see there are many questions that need to be asked before starting any business. If I may, I would like to suggest a book to you. The E-Myth revisited. By Michael Gerber. It is an eye-opener. This isn't to dissuade you from starting a business, it is to help you see the full picture. Good luck.

3. Martin-ddp profile image88
    Martin-ddpposted 4 years ago

Just put an add in your local paper and see what kind of response you get. If you get a few jobs just try and do them in your spare time until you start to build up a name. Than if you think you can make a living from this start full time but also spend some money on advertisement for your start up