jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How MANY of you simply quit detestable jobs, even in a precarious economy?

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

How MANY of you simply quit detestable jobs, even in a precarious economy?

It is FAR BETTER to quit or resign from a job than to endure a job which you utterly detest.  I find it totally masochistic to remain in a job that you are not passionate about and/or do not like.  Better to cut the losses early and simply quit or resign from THAT job than to be SORRY and/or REGRETFUL later....

2. Rhonda_M profile image85
    Rhonda_Mposted 4 years ago

Staying in a job you hate is like a slow death that depletes your creativity, energy and spirit, and makes you feel stuck, and affects you if you wish to present yourself to another employer. It's hard to do in this economy, but better for your sanity, health and prosperity if you do it sooner rather than later.

1. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So true what you've said.  If you do not quit your detestable job, you are not going to perform well anyway and that will eventually lead to your .......termination.  Either way you have LEFT your job.  One is voluntary and the other not so voluntary

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I did it last August and it was a spur of the moment decision that I do not regret (mostly).

For me, it was the ideal job.  Two days a week, I made my own hours and worked at my own pace. I did billing for a mental health counselor. BUT--I hated that job. She was the most negative person on the planet and a drama queen. I felt sick every time I went to work and was glad when the two days were over.

So one day, another employee had stepped in and done some of my work and as I was an independent contractor that was NOT the right thing to do and I walked out. I had just gotten to work and hadn't even taken off my sweater. So grabbed my purse, my iPad and out the door I went...and never looked back.

I have to say I do miss the $300 a month as it was used as sort of bonus money for hobbies or things we wanted to save for.  But I DO NOT miss that place at all.