jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hubpages and Odesk?

1. cianeko profile image88
    cianekoposted 4 years ago

Hubpages and Odesk?

I know the distinctions between these two income-generating websites. But which of the two can yield more income when given more time and attention?

2. gags3480 profile image71
    gags3480posted 4 years ago

I have never heard of Odesk but I know a lot of HB. I think it''s easily a better choice.

3. kingsteven profile image60
    kingstevenposted 4 years ago

It depend on your skills, if you know programming code then you can make a few hundreds per day in odesk. But if you are looking for passive income then you can focus in hubpages.

4. JP Banks profile image75
    JP Banksposted 4 years ago

I am writing on oDesk. I get paid 7.50 per article, and the topics are chosen for me. I can write as many articles as I wish to. I am averaging about 4 a day, and that is weekly about $225. Also, I was hand chosen for the job, and I had to complete a trial before I was hired. You could potentially earn much more, depending on how many jobs you take. You have to wait about 8 months before earning any money on Hubpages, and from what I hear, it could be about a dollar per article per month, but that is not guaranteed. It's all about ad traffic. I write on Hubpages for fun, and I write on oDesk for money. Does this help?

1. cianeko profile image88
      cianekoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, JP Banks. This really helps a lot.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

HubPages and oDesk are apples and elephants. With HubPages, you are never guaranteed to make anything, but your time and effort will likely pay off in income down the road. With oDesk, you bid on jobs (that you may lose due to underbidding) and might get paid or your work could be rejected. Until you get your stats up on oDesk, you will not qualify for the really juicy jobs, so if you're planning on making it there, stick it out with the low paying stuff and you will get there.

The real difference is that oDesk payment is per article and HP is passive income.

working