jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

PR Rank, Is it still relevant even after Google Penguin?

1. moniquemallo profile image60
    moniquemalloposted 4 years ago

PR Rank, Is it still relevant even after Google Penguin?

Do you think Google's PR Rank still works? The corporate blog I manage is still 1/10 but we're already the top rank for my target keywords. Must be Google Penguin!

2. yupperclub profile image75
    yupperclubposted 4 years ago

I think page rank changes almost secondly (per second) depending on the search.  it still works, i'm sure...but you need up to the minute stats.  Know that you'll only be able to get PAST TENSE stats.  All the old stuff is still important...you just can't play tricks as easily as people used to be able to.  Remember the tricksters who used to try to play games to get top ranking?  Well, they are no longer able to do that.  With Google, honesty is the best policy.  Not in on the details of penguin...I just kind of know what Google is trying to accomplish, ultimately, with all of their updates.  Hang in there.  If you are an honest, hard worker with legit sites (and I'm sure a Corporate blog is) you'll be okay.  Patience is a virtue.

1. moniquemallo profile image60
      moniquemalloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your input but what I mean to say is that we've already achieved top rank but our Google PR is still 1/10.  I guess because we still have little traffic to increase the PR? But we're already top hits for our targeted keywords.

2. yupperclub profile image75
      yupperclubposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi moniquemallo -

Maybe you should try some newspaper or direct mail advertising to get people to search.  Google can't help if no one is searching for you.  TV ads are good, too, if you have the budget.  Great you're already top for your keywords.

working