How do you stay focused and on schedule when you work at home?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

How do you stay focused and on schedule when you work at home?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8248487_f260.jpg

2. Abby Campbell profile image93
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

With social media, phone calls, and more, it's very difficult to stay on track nowadays. I usually make a schedule for myself each morning. The first thing I do is check my emails and social medias (i.e., Facebook), and I set a timer for how long I will spend there. It's so easy to overspend time on Facebook and other social medias, and this is the reason for the timer. I keep my "To Do" list in front of me at all times. In fact, I have a white board in my office where I will add my To Do list. I then cross off each task as it's completed. If I have time later in the day, I will resume social media if I didn't feel like I was finished there earlier. I will also limit my phone calls, allowing voicemail to pick up, especially if I'm in the middle of an important task. I will then return those calls after my tasks are completed. And, I will always close out my day by spending 10 minutes of straightening up, organizing, and filing. This way, I can start the next day refreshed. Being organized helps me stay focused.

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Abby Campbell,
      I like the timer idea for when I'm on social media sites and the like, and also a To Do list is something I've done for years. I like to use paper and pen so that I can feel great when I cross something off the list.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

working