Are press releases good or bad for advertising an online business?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 4 years ago

Are press releases good or bad for advertising an online business?

I've heard they are good for backlinks and some people will actually read them but I've also heard that the backlinks on press releases are not considered very good.

2. Springboard profile image80
    Springboardposted 4 years ago

Press releases continue to be a great way for businesses of all sorts to get their message out about myriad things going on with their business, and I would tend to think that an online business would be equally benefited by doing a press release as any other type of business would. Granted, at the end of the day it still comes down to the product, credibility of the business, and strong business acumen for any advertising effort to provide any real benefit to the company.

As for backlinks I cannot refer to them. The press release should be simple, concise, direct and to the point, and should have the relative affect of causing someone to dig a little further into the nature of your business. Only that will cause anyone to curiously seek your product, service, or other offering out.

3. reelwebdesign profile image60
    reelwebdesignposted 4 years ago

They are not good for back linking because Google doesn't put much weight on them as relevant back links. Honestly, the only time a press release is good is if you have something extraordinary to say or offer or you are opening a new business. In this way news outlets may pay attention and report your story which can create a viral buzz.  However, I would use HARO (Help A Reporter Out) instead of PRWeb or PRNewswire since it is geared directly to blog owners and reporters . Otherwise I wouldn't waste much time or money with them. They're an old way of doing business and there are much better social media marketing and SEO methods out there that will work better for you.

working