jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

In the month of September, does it make good business sense for retail stores to

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

In the month of September, does it make good business sense for retail stores to sell decorations

My husband and I went to a major chain restaurant that also sells retail items.  When we walked in, this month of September, we were greeted with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all at once. It seems that as each year passes, retail stores are putting out decorations for sale for all three of the upcoming major holidays for the next three months, earlier and earlier each year and all at once.  In doing so, does it take away from each specific holiday, or does it make good business sense?  Thanks for answering.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8374574_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I think we were at the same major chain restaurant.  I was there Friday night for the fish fry.  I was sorry I ordered the pecan crusted fish.  I should have ordered the fried fish and chips.

It used to be that there was a seasonal turnover of merchandise.  September was Halloween.  October was Thanksgiving.  November/December was Christmas.

I noticed more retail storess started pushing earlier holidays.  It all comes down to the dollar.  Follow the money.  There must be people buying it for them to stock it so soon.  Seems like they put the cart before the horse in my opinion but apparently it does something to elevate quarterly sales.

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL, CraftytotheCore, yes, I believe may have been at the same one!  Yes, indeed ...it comes down to the dollar.  I am sure people do buy it for they had all seasons stuffed in there. I believe they do so too.

3. The Frog Prince profile image78
    The Frog Princeposted 4 years ago

These nut jobs need to commercialize everything early. 

The Frog

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL, TFP, you know it!

4. MrsGray32 profile image60
    MrsGray32posted 4 years ago

Im pretty sure they must gain something from it.  They Probably get a discount for ordering their stock early and then they have 4 months worth of early holiday shoppers.

working