jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How trust-worthy are people on craigslist to do business with?

1. Sarah Anderson profile image67
    Sarah Andersonposted 4 years ago

How trust-worthy are people on craigslist to do business with?

I've done business with some very nice people on ebay. But what about when you're dealing with items you can't readily ship and need to meet someplace to exchange?

2. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

I would say its hit or miss. if youre going to meet someone, i would go with somebody. i have had some very friendly encounters even though a few of them had items that didnt look anything like the picture they posted. other than that i have never had any problems. i personally prefer ebay, but if you cant get what youre looking for craigslist isnt a bad option.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I've sold a few things on Craigslist in the past. My main complaint is that you generally have to put up with a lot of spammers and bullsh*t artists before you finally get a "real" customer.

4. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

I would say about 50/50. While there are a lot of spams on Craigslist. There are a lot of people, looking to do things the right way. The key to this is watching to see if the deal is to good to be true. Looking for clues that would suggest that the seller is actually a good seller, or someone trying to get your money.

5. Steve Burgess profile image60
    Steve Burgessposted 4 years ago

Include the image of the real object to get a quick response. For some reason, people who put up ads with images get better responses. If you are selling your furniture, make sure you put up the picture of YOUR furniture,i.e, sofa, dining table etc. and not an image from the net.

working