jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you feel about Craigslist?

1. hellovictoria profile image97
    hellovictoriaposted 4 years ago

I personally use Craigslist frequently for furniture. I love finding new projects to work on and I've found this to be the best place to get a good price on a "fixer-upper". However I am cautious when I pick up my purchases and always bring my boyfriend or a friend with me just in case.  Most of my furniture that I have now (including the coffee table I re-finished) came from Craigslist, but I have only ever sold anything once - it was a desk.

Have you ever bought or sold anything on it?
    How often do you use it?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I've never bought anything from there, but I've been trying to sell a motorcycle and haven't had any luck yet.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I prefer to deal with businesses or with people via eBay and Amazon. I don't want to go to other peoples homes or have them come to my own. Odds are nothing would probably happen but there has been enough nightmare stories concerning murders and rip offs involving transactions initiated through Craigslist to give me pause.
    In all honesty I believe they need to spend some money to improve their image and attract higher quality customers to their sight. The overall image they have right now is they cater to lowest common denominator of people. I suspect this not the case but that is their image in the eyes of many consumers.

4. Mira Penn profile image75
    Mira Pennposted 4 years ago

I run a one woman cleaning business and get at least 85% of my new clients from CL. Obviously, I have no reservations about going to stranger's houses and meeting them for a consultation. I just make sure that someone knows the address of where I will be going and a time when to expect me back. Life is full of risks, no matter where you go. I walked into a grocery store once and a man about 4 feet from the door was holding a gun at a cashier. No one was hurt in the incident, I just bring it up to illustrate that life is unpredictable.

Response on ads really, really, depends on how you optimize your listing. You need to have a photo, even if you're not selling a physical item, because some people use the image based layout for their search results on CL. You also have to make sure that you include as many different names for what you're selling as you can think of in your listing's title and text body. When I list my ads recruiting new clients, I make sure my listing uses as many different terms for the word "housekeeper" as I can think of. It really makes a difference!

I think it's important to keep your prices competitive if you're selling an item. Look at what other similar items like yours are selling for and if you feel yours is worth significantly more, make sure you explain why in your ad.

Hope this helps!

1. Mira Penn profile image75
      Mira Pennposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the best answer!

working