jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What would make you eat at a restaurant you had never eaten at before?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

What would make you eat at a restaurant you had never eaten at before?

Other than offering free food, what could a place do to make you want to order from them?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

Neat atmosphere and a reasonable crowd sitting and eating inside.

3. Sparklea profile image74
    Sparkleaposted 4 years ago

Word of mouth, recommendations from friends who have been there and raved about it.

4. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Have something novel on the menu, preferable with locally sourced produce.

5. shahkar-khan profile image58
    shahkar-khanposted 4 years ago

For a person that lives to eat novelty is always an option. And for me to eat at a new restaurant, i will choose a new restaurant if the menu is different and food is good.

6. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

peeples....When it come to going out to eat....breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack...whatever....I'm ready, any day, any time.  One of the things I like best of all is trying new places that I've never been before.  It's a plus, of course, if a good friend recommends a particular restaurant...but I'm willing to try a new place at least once.   
    This would exclude places in spooky neighborhoods or ones that are clearly dingy, dirty or unkempt in any way.   As a matter of fact, this actually happened to me & hubby once.  We saw an ad that really sounded wonderful and inviting...about a place just a few miles away.   The area was nice, the exterior was acceptable.......but one step inside and we were totally appalled and turned off!   We just turned around and left....quickly and quietly.
    I guess when you love to eat (and hate to cook).....going to all sorts of different places to eat, is an easy habit to get into!

7. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

Menu, price, and convenience in a nutshell.  We usually eat at moderately priced restaurants unless we are in a hurry, then it’s the nearest fast-food joint, and then it depends on the theme of the restaurant or the menu. Since I have had to go gluten-free, that limits our choices. If Mr. B. has something in mind that I can’t eat, I check the menu to see if it offers a good salad that I can eat. Some people will drive 100 miles to check out a restaurant with a good reputation, but we haven’t done that. I would love to, but Mr. B is such a picky eater that I don't want to travel a long way just to have him refuse to eat what is served. Hopefully, after his gall bladder surgery, he won't be so persnickety.
    There is a good pizza place in town that is now offering a gluten-free pizza. Yippee!