Why is my hub being marked as over promotional?

1. OanaWriter profile image84
    OanaWriterposted 4 years ago

Why is my hub being marked as over promotional?

I wrote a review about a freelance website that I worked on, iWriter.com, with pros and cons about it. It's quite positive because I had a positive experience and I give my review about it.
    I don't include any affiliate links - just a link to another hub I have with my earnings on freelance websites (including iWriter.com) again without affiliate links.
    Yet, Hubpages marked it Over Promotional twice. The hub is purely informative, and just one relevant Amazon capsule.
    What can I do about it? What am I doing wrong?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I had an overly promotional hub a while back about DAZ Studio. It's a 3D rendering program that people can download for free. I do think that excessive links will trigger the flag, but when I edited the hub I focused on reducing the amount of times I said 'DAZ Studio' or mentioned anything about going to their site. I also took the time to bring up other 3D rendering programs to point out that it wasn't the only one out there. But, if I had to guess, I would say that the flag is coming from your wording somewhere. See how many times you write the name of the site. Try to talk around it.

3. OanaWriter profile image84
    OanaWriterposted 4 years ago

Thanks M.T.Dreamer, your advice really helped. I've identified that the problem seems  to be the fact that I wrote iWriter.com rather than iWriter, and it was considered text url. I didn't even realize that.
    Hubpages also mentioned it only promotes one product, but I'm honestly not promoting with no links bringing me any earnings aside from one amazon capsule, just an informational article. I'll probably have to delete it sad But it's a shame because I already had positive comments from people finding it useful.

Closed to reply

working