jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How to deal with the stress of unemployment?

1. moiponetsoka profile image71
    moiponetsokaposted 4 years ago

How to deal with the stress of unemployment?

Struggling to cope with the unemployment issue, been job hunting day in and out with no luck, Getting worn out and discouraged?

2. Flaura78 profile image61
    Flaura78posted 4 years ago

You need to keep yourself busy, If you constantly feel like you are idle you will get depressed easily. Take some time to meet others, be around like-minded people. Alternatively, you can get back to an inexpensive hobby, go running or do other sports to reduce stress. When you feel like you are stuck, outsiders can give you new insights. On the other hand, networking can lead to a job offer. Get out and talk to people.

moiponetsokaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

THANKS for the answer.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

Volunteer work is also a great option. Not only does it keep you busy, but it shows potential employers your work ethic (plus gives you more references and experience). It helps if you can volunteer in the industry you want to get into, but that isn't necessary for it to be beneficial.

thanks that is a good idea...

4. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I have a friend who is unemployed right now.  It's a very hard thing to go through.  I like to think that there is the right opportunity out there for you, and when it's the right time, you'll land that job. 

In the meantime, this is an opportunity to work on interviewing skills.  It's also a great time to focus on your wardrobe.   Look through your closet and make new outfits out of it for your next job.  Staying positive will help keep you from thinking about the down sides to unemployment. 

Just keep telling yourself that the right job just hasn't found you yet!

Thank you  i will try that

working