jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Is Etsy a good way to sell homemade products?

1. susi10 profile image95
    susi10posted 4 years ago

Is Etsy a good way to sell homemade products?

I was thinking of starting a homemade soap business selling through Etsy. Is it a good way to make some extra income or is it not worth it? Do you get much exposure on Etsy? Thanka and looking forward to your answers!

2. profile image56
    creazy boyposted 4 years ago

yup..! you can sale but its totally depends on quality and the services.

3. luvtoowrite profile image43
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

Yes, but to be successful, you have to promote your product through your own website, friends or social media if permissible.

4. dearabbysmom profile image75
    dearabbysmomposted 4 years ago

I've had an Etsy shop for years selling handcrafted soaps. I've been very pleased with the service itself and all the help they provide. They really want you to succeed. Plus it's nice having someone else handle all the hassle of payments.

susi10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering, based on your experiences with handcrafted soaps, it has encouraged me to try it out for myself. Is it difficult to get sales?

2. dearabbysmom profile image75
      dearabbysmomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I haven't found it difficult, but I have opened a twitter account for the soap and a facebook page, and promote my etsy shop both places. Good photos of your product, and descriptive write-ups help.

5. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Yes, it's an awesome platform, and I love what they've done with the site in the last couple of years. They provide a very professional appearance, try to make a lot of resources available, and do promote the site as a whole quite a bit. That said, you will still need to do your own promotions to get a good stream of paying traffic. While I try to funnel people to my Facebook page pending getting my own domain set up, the Etsy store makes it as easy as possible for people to buy. Most of my buyers come from referrals, in-person shows and pay-per-click ads, but some do still come off of searches and browsing inside Etsy. Their fees are reasonable, it has a pretty small learning curve, and definitely gets more bang for the buck than eBay (only other place I've really run listings).

Thanks wychic! Your informative response has answered some questions for me. I think I'll give it a try.

6. ilikegames profile image80
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

I've sold with some success on Etsy before, it's definitely a great property to have and the fees aren't too bad either!

Thank you so much for your response, ilikegames. I am glad you find Etsy a good site, I will definitely try it soon. Are getting sales difficult or is it easy?

working