jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How do you manage your time effectively?

1. Purpose Embraced profile image97
    Purpose Embracedposted 4 years ago

How do you manage your time effectively?

Effective time management helps us to get the most out of every day. Share a few of your time management tips that you use to organize your day.

2. gitachud profile image89
    gitachudposted 4 years ago

The starting point when looking at daily time management is to understand that you have a fixed amount of time each day - - we all have 24 hours or 1440 minutes in a day.

Out of these hours, there are ‘locked’ hours for biological functions such as sleeping, eating and excretion. Sleeping takes around 8 hours of the day for most people, eating 3 hours and the other function maybe 1 hour. Then there are other activities such as bathing, grooming and getting dressed which can take another 1 hour.

This means that a total of 13 hours is locked for very basic but necessary activities. The remaining 11 hours is left for commuting (3 hours) and working (8 hours).

Since one of the most important part of our lives is working, how well we manage the 8 hours we have for this important activity can make a difference in how productive we are.

During the working day, the hours are divided between routine tasks and unplanned activities such as addressing issues that crop up unexpectedly. That said, we can create more time for ourselves by evaluating which activities are value adding and which are waste.

If there are activities that we do that we can do away with, then we end up having more time for the things that really add value to our lives.

Purpose Embracedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response gitachud.

3. raymondphilippe profile image85
    raymondphilippeposted 4 years ago

Before I go to sleep I make a list of things I'd like to do before 13:00 the next day.
    In the morning I start working on those tasks. The difficult ones I do when I normally are at my best.
    I use an online to-do list to help me organize.

Thanks for your response raymomdephillipe.

4. Brinafr3sh profile image81
    Brinafr3shposted 4 years ago

I manage my time by making a "To do List" each month and acting on a daily routine. I have a planned morning, evening, and night time routine to manage my time effective and wisely. But on Saturdays and Sundays I do different things that really don't require managing my time.

Thanks for your response Brinafr3sh.

5. rainsanmartin profile image91
    rainsanmartinposted 4 years ago

*I write down my top 6 key task priorities for each day.
    *I follow a flexible schedule or I allow a certain amount of time for each task.
    *I review my lifetime goals annually and monthly.
    *I carefully guard my time and which activities I participate in.

Thanks so much for your response, rainsanmartin.

working