jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have a job you truly love?

1. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Do you have a job you truly love?

2. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I don't normally say this but the job that I do at present is a job that I truly say I love doing. I look after people who are blinded in the war and I just enjoy working and helping these people who have risked their lives in the war to free their own country. I have been there nearly six years and in those times I spent with these people I just love the work I do and still enjoy it now. My job is not easy but somehow it seems easy because I enjoy doing it and it gives me satisfaction, too.

1. Penny G profile image73
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What a wonderful service you do for these people. I would be too sad all the time, I tend to absorb other peoples  pain,sorrow, and injury to such a personal level I can't enjoy a full time exposure, but they are so blessed to have you.

3. Escobana profile image76
    Escobanaposted 3 years ago

Yes I do! It's more a hobby to me than a real job so that proves I love my job. I'm a private guide for tourists who come visit my hometown Valencia.

Most of them I show around by bicycle which is great fun and an awesome way to see Valencia in 3 or 4 hours. I also take my clients on bartours, tapastours and walkingtours and since I speak 5 languages it's the perfect way to practice my languages as well.

I work for myself which makes it so much fun. I only work when I want to and I don't depend on this job. It's merely something to keep busy and I charge people very little since I am not a licensed tourist guide. I'm a local who knows the city like the back of her hand and I offer tailored tours instead of standard ones.

It keeps me busy mostly between April and October and working with people that are always in a good mood because they are on holidays, makes it all the more fun!

If any of you got curious...I'm on Facebook under the name Funtourvalencia.

working