jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What was your very first job?

1. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 7 years ago

What was your very first job?

2. angela_michelle profile image98
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

I worked at McDonald's for about two months, and then I was a telemarketer. I despised the McDonald's work, but had a blast as a telemarketer. I think the people I worked with made all the difference.

3. hubba-hubba profile image60
    hubba-hubbaposted 7 years ago

I started off at a CD/Cassette store in the local mall!  Yes, the cassettes were still the hot sellers!  Memories.

4. Tinsky profile image96
    Tinskyposted 7 years ago

The first job where I received a fairly regular pay check was at the Conservatorium of Music where I was studying singing, folding letters and stuffing envelopes to go out to patrons and students for the Basil Jones Theatre. I also worked as an Usher and later the Front of House manager.  I enjoyed working in the Theatre as I was able to watch a lot of  performances for free, get credits towards attendance (we had to attend X number of performances a year) and get paid to do it!

Prior to going the Conservatorium though I earned a little pocket money by selling eggs from hens that I raised and grape fruit that we grew at home.  I mostly sold the produce to neighbors but sometimes would set myself up with a stall on the side of the road waiting for country drivers to pass by.

5. Phanti profile image59
    Phantiposted 7 years ago

My Mom worked for a Home Builder, and they had model homes of the different styles/layouts that they built.
    When I was about 13 or 14 my Mom thought it would be a good idea for me to make my own money, so she got me a job on saturday and sunday mornings cleaning the model homes for her company.
    It was interesting, but made me kind of hate housework, LOL!

6. L a d y f a c e profile image78
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

I started my working life at Subway at 15! I worked there for  2 years before moving on to something else.

7. profile image61
    ristacposted 7 years ago

I was a contact lens technician, I used to make bi-focal contact lenses.

8. Sue Bond profile image73
    Sue Bondposted 7 years ago

I was a summer playground leader.  Two of us led 40 or 50 kids, between the ages of 5-12, through crafts and sports activities - all outside.  Talk about exhausting!  I don't recall what we did with them when it rained!  I also worked in the concession at the local hockey arena.

9. Syrusv37 profile image90
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

Subway...I got hired on my sixteenth birthday and now I kind of hate the smell of Subway for some reason. It gets to you after a while. The customers were nice, but a lot of them would totally stare at you while you made their sandwich, like they were getting ready to jump me the moment I added too much mayo. But a job is a job, and I'm glad I did it.

10. FloBe profile image82
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I worked answering the phone for a minister in a church, then gradually worked up to doing transcriptions of his sermons. My next job was cataloging an associate minister's books using the Dewey-decimal system.

working