This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What really make habits stick ?

1. awaqas1 profile image60
    awaqas1posted 3 years ago

What really make habits stick ?

What tips and trick have you learned that help you quit old habits and adopt new ones that last ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12115720_f260.jpg

2. amazmerizing profile image60
    amazmerizingposted 3 years ago

Repetition... that is all a habit is... its kindof like practice... and thus... practice makes perfect. So to gain a new habit... it takes practice. Reminders help alot too! wink

awaqas1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Amazmerizing
      thanks for answering, can you give me an example of how you have used repetition, practice and reminders to make a habit stick ?

thanks

2. amazmerizing profile image60
      amazmerizingposted 3 years agoin reply to this

well... once upon a time i was a smoker... and now im not... basically people say they are going to TRY to quit smoking... and I said hey... why do we try??? Why not just QUIT!!! Its a mindset on that habit... later after I quit for a while I called

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

punish yourself. Everytime I get back my old habits, my son pinch me to stop me. That works

awaqas1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thats a great way of making yourself aware of whats happening, having someone else holding your accountable.

Thanks for sharing

working